Granite Data Services (GDS) is a free, open source (LGPL'd) alternative to Adobe® LiveCycle® (Flex™ 2+) Data Services for J2EE application servers. The primary goal of this project is to provide a framework for Flex 2+/EJB 3/Seam/Spring/Guice/POJO application development with full AMF3/RemoteObject benefits.
It also features a Comet-like data push implemention (AMF3 requests sent over HTTP) and ActionScript3 code generation tools (Ant task and Eclipse builder).
Dedicated service factories are available for:
* EJB 3 (session beans that return entity beans),
* Seam (with identity security and conversation/task support),
* Spring (with Acegi security and entity beans support),
* Guice/Warp (with entity beans support),
* Simple Java classes (aka POJO) interactions.
GDS is designed to be lightweight, robust, fast, and highly configurable.