A minimal surface is the surface of minimal area between any given boundaries. In nature such shapes result from an equilibrium of homogeneous tension, e.g. in a soap film. Minimal surfaces have a constant mean curvature of zero, i.e. the sum of the principal curvatures at each point is zero. Particularly fascinating are minimal surfaces…
The program focused on the following four themes:
- Optimization: How and why can deep models be fit to observed (training) data?
- Generalization: Why do these trained models work well on similar but unobserved (test) data?
- Robustness: How can we analyze and improve the performance of these models when applied outside their intended conditions?
- Generative methods: How can deep learning be used to model probability distributions?
Poseidon is the largest torpedo ever developed in any country. At around 2 meters (6.5 ft) in diameter and over 20 meters (65 ft) long, it is approximately twice the size of submarine launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs) and thirty times the size of a regular ‘heavyweight’ torpedo.
On 20th February 2019 Russian president Vladimir Putin announced that the first submarine slated to carry Poseidon would be launched in Spring 2019. This is most likely to refer to the Pr.09852 Belgorod which had been expected to be launched in 2018. The same day the Russian Ministry of Defense released a video (Youtube) of the Poseidon being tested.
In this article we present a technique to triangulate source images, converting them to abstract, someway artistic images composed of tiles of triangles. This will be an attempt to explore the fields between computer technology and art.
- How to give an effective math talk
- General resources on preparing a talk (not specific to mathematics):
- Preparing a poster presentation
- Resources for teachers (relevant literature)
- Using PowerPoint