In this post, I want to show how I use NLTK for preprocessing and tokenization, but then apply machine learning techniques (e.g. building a linear SVM using stochastic gradient descent) using Scikit-Learn.
LIBLINEAR is a linear classifier for data with millions of instances and features. It supports L2-regularized logistic regression (LR), L2-loss linear SVM, and L1-loss linear SVM.
Main features of LIBLINEAR include
* Same data format as LIBSVM, our general-purpose SVM solver, and also similar usage
* Multi-class classification: 1) one-vs-the rest, 2) Crammer & Singer
* Cross validation for model selection
* Probability estimates (logistic regression only)
* Weights for unbalanced data
* MATLAB/Octave, Java interfaces