OpenCyc is the open source version of the Cyc technology, the world's largest and most complete general knowledge base and commonsense reasoning engine. OpenCyc can be used as the basis of a wide variety of intelligent applications such as:
* rapid development of an ontology in a vertical area
* email prioritizing, routing, summarization, and annotating
* expert systems
to name just a few.
Agile Knowledge Engineering and Semantic Web (AKSW)
The Research Group Agile Knowledge Engineering and Semantic Web (AKSW) is hosted by the Department for Business-oriented Information Systems (BIS) of the Institute of Computer Science (IfI) / University of Leipzig.
* Development of methods for Agile Knowledge Engineering inside the research field of the Semantic Web
* Implementation of tools and applications for Agile Knowledge Engineering
* Research of the underlying Semantic Web Technologies
* Development of fundamental Semantic Web tools and applications
AKSW is committed to the open source and open access movements.
Knoodl is sort of an ontology editor, registry/repository, and wiki all rolled into an easy to use online application. There's never been anything quite like it.
* Upload an ontology you already have, or build one from scratch.
* Add rich documentation with wikitext, so that other people can understand what your ontology is about.
* Work with other people on the same vocabulary, at the same time
* Find and download other ontologies and use them in semantic applications.
F. Riguzzi, E. Bellodi, E. Lamma, and R. Zese. Web Reasoning and Rule Systems: 7th International Conference, RR 2013, Mannheim, Germany, volume 7994 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer, Heidelberg, (2013)