Turmeric is a comprehensive, policy-driven SOA platform that you can use to develop, deploy, secure, run and monitor SOA services and consumers. It is a Java based platform, follows the standards (SOAP, XML, JSON, XACML, etc.), and supports WSDL (SOAP style - Doc Lit wrapped mode and REST style). It supports a variety of protocols and data formats. Eclipse plugins help with the development of services and consumers. Other important features include:
* Various Quality of Service (QoS) features such as authentication, authorization, and rate limiting, which you control by defining respective policies.
* Monitoring capabilities.
* A Repository Service that enables service registration and governance.
* The Type Library, which provides the ability to define and manage reusable schema type definitions across services, and hierarchically organizes them.
* The Error Library, another useful capability that lets you define and re-use error definitions across services.
* Local binding, which lets you locally bind services to consumers as a deployment time option, for optimization, without loss of any generality or changing code.