The ABCDE Format Enabling Semantic Conference Proceedings
A. de Waard, and G. Tel. Proceedings of the First Workshop on Semantic Wikis -- From Wiki
To Semantics, ESWC2006, (June 2006)
-We believe that the best way to present a narrative to a computer
is to let
the author explicitly create a rich semantic structure for the article
– We propose an open-standard, widely (re)useable format, the ABCDE
for proceedings and workshop contributions that can be easily mined,
integrated and consumed by semantic browsers and wikis.
– There need not be an abstract in an ABCDE document - instead, the
denotes core sentences within the B,C and D sections, which are compiled
through a macro to form a structured abstract.
– We believe a LATEX stylesheet provides a suitable input format
authors with a semantic structure to work from.
– We provide the abcde.sty LATEX file as an appendix to this paper.
– Macros are provided to specify Dublin Core Elements, and to print
a list of
those that are specified.
– Our section division into Background, Contribution, and Discussion
by a number of emperical studies.
– We aim to work on different incarnations of this format and open
it up to
modification and development.