The i2010 strategy is the EU policy framework for the information society and media. It promotes the positive contribution that information and communication technologies (ICT) can make to the economy, society and personal quality of life. The European Commission presented it in June 2005 as the new initiative for the years up to 2010.
KDubiq CA is about supporting and coordinating
research & networking activities within an emerging area called
Ubiquitous Knowledge Discovery.
* WG1: Application Environments.
* WG2: Ubiquitous Technologies
* WG3: (Learning Components) Resource-aware distributed algorithms
* WG4: (Data types) Ubiquitous Data Interaction and Data Collection
* WG5: Security and Privacy
* WG6: HCI and Cognitive Modelling
R. Wirth, and Michael Borth, and J. Hipp. Proceedings of the PKDD 2001 Workshop on Ubiquitous Data Mining for
Mobile and Distributed Environments(2001)They introduce a scenario where the semantics is part of the modelling
process. A common pit fall is to view the distribution as a techical
issue, but that does usually not suffice. Their concept is called
Semantically Distributed Knowledge Discovery. Distribution is an
integral part of the problem when at least some of the features
depends on the context..