Three-month retreats in NYC for people who want to get better at programming. Limited cost-of-living grants are available for accepted participants from underrepresented groups. The (experimental) profit model is based on companies who pay to recruit the program's participants and alumni.
"...considers manuscripts on all aspects of workflow for information systems, decision support systems, client user networks, database management, and data mining. The journal aims to publish source code for distribution and use in the public domain in order to advance biological and medical research. Through this dissemination, it may be possible to shorten the time required for solving certain computational problems for which there is limited source code availability or resources.
Fundamentally, the overarching computation-related goals of the journal are to:
* Increase productivity among source code users working on problems of public and environmental health importance
* Reduce discovery times in molecular and genomic sciences
* Reduce search times for source code applied in biological and medical research
* Provide a historical reflection of source code applied in various fields
* Serve as a repository for source code"
Social networking and career profiles/portfolios for software and web developers and designers. Automatically aggregates content from open-source project hosts, other social networks, e-learning and learn-to-program sites, app stores, etc.
"Bridging the open source software, nonprofit and corporate tech communities, SocialCoding4Good connects software development professionals with opportunities to volunteer their time and technical talent to organizations creating technology solutions for social good. … SocialCoding4Good is a project of Benetech."