zCI is a free computer inventory system. zCI collects inventory data from client computers automatically and store the information in MySQL database server. You can manage and play the inventory data using zCI’s sleek web-based interface.
These are some of zCI’s interesting features:
* Automatically collect hardware information, such as computer serial number, monitor serial number, CPU type, harddisk information, memory size & etc. Monitor serial number detection are rarely provided by other computer inventory programs.
* Automatically collect installed software information*.
* Client programs are available for MS Windows (JScript based) and Linux (Java based). Both client programs are less than 100KB and not necessary to be installed in the client computers. Linux client might be applicable for Unix systems.
* Server-side programs can be installed on any OS and hardware platform. zCI server only needs web-server, PHP and MySQL database.
* Data management can be done via zCI’s web-based interface with 3 access levels (all users, supervisor and administrator).
* Peripheral inventory facility. Other computer inventory software usually does not provide this facility.
* Ownership management. You can manage the ownership status (owned, lease, end of ownership, end of lase) of computer, monitor and peripheral entities.